Government of Italy is giving away houses in SICILY for €1
The local government of Mussomeli is selling abandoned properties for €1 in Sicily. The only obligation you have is that you will have to renovate the house within three years of purchase.
Mussomeli is a town of 11.000 citizen, located in the heart of Sicily. Mussomeli is located in an inner hilly area, east of the Platani River, in Central Sicily, at 765 meters above sea level. It is 53 km from Agrigento, 58 km from Caltanissetta, 99 km from Enna, 199 km from Ragusa, 150km from Catania airport.
The project is managed by the Municipality of Mussomeli, which is proposed as a mediator and guarantor of purchase and sale transactions.
The houses are sold for €1, by the owners, for several reasons:
- In Italy, the property tax on the first house is not paid (only for Italian citizens). If you have more than one house, you have to pay for it. Many citizens, therefore, having more than one property, have to pay a maxi-tax to the Italian Government, so they prefer to sell the houses at € 1, rather than pay an extra tax.
- Many citizens, during the buildings boom of the 70s, moved to the newly built area of Mussomeli.
- The house was owned by deceased parents or grandparents, so it remained empty.
- Many citizens have moved to large cities for work, so they want to sell their home in Mussomeli.
Buyers are obliged to:
- To stipulate a public deed of purchase of the property within the period of two months from the execution of the determination to approve the classification list;
- Support all expenses for the drafting of the deed of sale (notary, registration, transfer, registration, etc.);
- Prepare a project for the renovation and recovery of the property, acquiring all the necessary opinions, within one year from the date of purchase;
- Start work within two months from the date of issue of the building permit;
- Stipulation of a surety in favor of the Municipality of Mussomeli, amounting to € 5000.00, valid for three years, to guarantee the concrete realization of the works. In the event of non-fulfillment by the assignee, the Municipality will have the right to forfeit the policy or purchase the property of the property.
For detailed information visit: https://www.case1euro.it
Buy your dream for €1 in the fabulous town of the Sicilian hinterland, just a few kilometers from the enchanting beaches and the historic temples of Agrigento.