The Most Powerful Passports in the World 2018
Do you want to know which are the most powerful passports in the world 2018? UAE travelers hold the most powerful passport in the world and can visit most countries without needing to apply for a visa, according to a newly-updated travel index. A total of 167 countries offer UAE either visa-free access or a visa on arrival.
The fact that UAE now has the strongest passport in the world is surprising. Last year the country didn’t even make it to the top 10. The Passport Index said UAE ranks the highest because it added four more countries to their visa-free list on 1 December.
The most powerful passports in the world in 2018
*number in brackets refers to the total number of countries and regions that passport holders can travel to without getting a visa. This includes visa-free and visa on arrival destinations. The ranking is based on both figures.
- United Arab Emirates
- Singapore, Germany
- Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Luxembourg, France, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Norway, South Korea and USA
- Belgium, Austria, Japan, Greece, Portugal, Switzerland, Ireland, Canada and the United Kingdom
- Czech Republic and Hungary
- Malta, Iceland, New Zealand
- Malaysia, Slovenia, Poland, Lithuania, Slovakia, Latvia and Australia
- Romania and Bulgaria
- Cyprus and Liechtenstein
The least powerful passports in the world in 2018
Rank is according to 2018 Passport Index, which takes into account the number of countries each passport holder can visit without a visa, or where they can obtain a visa on arrival.
Check full report of Global Passport Power Rank 2018