Top 10 most revenue making routes around the world!
Over 100,000 flights are operated daily across the world, ranging from a couple dozen miles to thousands on aircraft that vary in size from that of a family car to a veritable cruise ship in the sky. With all those aircraft and all those routes comes one goal for airlines: to make as much money as possible. In that regard, a few routes reign supreme.
Official Airline Guide released a list of the top ten revenue-earning routes in the world by airline, with each route finding their own claim to fame as the top money-makers in the industry.
The list is as follows:
- British Airways: New York (JFK) to London (LHR) — $1.04 billion
- Qantas Airways: Melbourne (MEL) to Sydney (SYD) — $855 million
- Emirates Airline: London (LHR) to Dubai (DXB) — $819 million
- Singapore Airlines: London (LHR) to Singapore (SIN) — $710 million
- American Airlines: Los Angeles (LAX) to New York (JFK) — $698 million
- United Airlines: San Francisco (SFO) to Newark (EWR) — $688 million
- Cathay Pacific: Hong Kong (HKG) to London (LHR) — $632 million
- Qatar Airways: London (LHR) to Doha (DOH) — $553 million
- Air Canada: Vancouver (YVR) to Toronto (YYZ) — $552 million
- Singapore Airlines: Sydney (SYD) to Singapore (SIN) — $544 million
Source: Officia Airline Guide