Best FREE Debit Cards for travellers
Before you go on holiday, there are some things you need to know about saving money on your credit/debit card. Mainly, all the banks charge for the cards what we have. When we go overseas and pay / withdrawal money, we pay commissions. Have you heard about no commissions and free debit cards?
Free Debit card by Revolut, N26 or Transferwise, Monese, Bunq, Vivid with no any fees? Sounds too good to be true, but believe or not, this exists already for years. This should help protect your pocket. All these 4 cards are great choices for international travelers.
Revolut Ltd is a digital banking alternative that includes a pre-paid debit card (MasterCard or VISA), currency exchange, cryptocurrency exchange and peer-to-peer payments.
With free account (which means no monthly or yearly fees) you can withdraw up to 200 EUR/month without any extra fees. Spend abroad with no fees. Revolut is the perfect travel companion, allowing you to spend fee-free with the real exchange rate in over 130 currencies.
Send money globally for free
Fast, free and secure money transfers to bank accounts in over 120 countries, while saving you up to 8% by using the real exchange rate.
From as little as £1.00 or €1.00 per day, you’ll be covered worldwide for medical and dental and you’ll only have to pay for the days that you actually go away. In addition, Revolut smart geolocation technology can automatically detect when you leave and return to your home country and turn your cover on or off – magic. To read about all Revolut’s features go to their site.
Vivid Money is an international organisation headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Amsterdam and Moscow. Today Vivid team consists of 180 professionals of more than 25 different nationalities, all working together to achieve one goal and create a mobile bank that helps its customers make more from their wealth and grow their money.
- Free Metal card
- Free checking account
- Pay & Send money instantly
- Save on travel
- Stay secure
- Manage money with budgeting
- Control subscriptions
- Pay with Apple Pay
- Pay with Google Pay
- Invest in ETFs & Stocks
N26 is Europe’s first mobile bank. It provides a free basic current account and a Debit MasterCard card for their customers. Additionally, customers can request an overdraft, investment products, and premium current accounts. The account opening process takes just 8 minutes. Only holders of certain passports and ID cards can verify their identity online.
It’s a bank account for your phone. Get an IBAN and do everything you can do with a traditional bank, except easier, and from anywhere. A very similar debit card/money application like Revolut.
International transfers into 19 foreign currencies
N26 has partnered with TransferWise. You can do international transfers from directly within the N26 App. It’s up to 6x cheaper than using traditional banks.
This card choice is better than Revolut if you travel more and plan to withdraw 500+ EUR monthly in other currency than euro. Because with N26 Black, which costs 5.90 EUR/month you don’t pay any fees for money withdrawals in other currency than euro. To read more about N26, go to their site.
For mobile people
Banking for mobile people – instant and portable across all of Europe. No proof of address required. App and service in 12 languages.
Smart and Connected
Use Monese as your designated main account. Receive and make payments, set up Direct Debits, shop online and in-person – all with one account.
Monese is subject to FCA regulations. Monese protects 100% of your money by holding it at major banks and never reinvesting it.
Monese is not a bank – they specialize in one thing and that’s current accounts.
- Unlimited transactions
- Receive £ or € bank transfers
- Contactless debit card
- Fast bank transfers
- Get cash at ATMs globally
- Direct debits
Easier, faster, more secure payments. Now available with your Monese cards in France, Germany, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Spain, Sweden, the UK and other countries. This means you can make payments in person using your iPhone or for iOS apps and around the web where it is accepted. With a tap on your phone, you now have the ability to pay thousands of shops and other merchants.
The TransferWise borderless account comes with a debit card. It lets you spend anywhere in the world at the real exchange rate. You’ll get low conversion fees, and zero transaction fees.
- Free to pay with currencies in your account
- Free ATM withdrawals up to £200 a month
- Only pay a small conversion fee when you convert your money — typically between 0.35% and 1%
- Automatically convert your money at the real exchange rate
Get paid from 30+ countries
Get instant international bank details to receive money from over 30 countries, without paying any fees. You’ll get:
- Australian account number and BSB code
- British account number and sort code
- European IBAN
- US account number and routing number
Use these personal bank details to receive money from Australia, the US, the UK, and any country in the Eurozone. For free.
Save money with a banking alternative that gives you total control over your money. Wirex currency accounts let you buy and exchange multiple currencies instantly at live interbank rates for free! Quick and simple money transfer options or spend whilst traveling abroad in over 150 currencies in more than 54m million locations around the world.
Wirex is an FCA-regulated company with over 3 million clients in 130 countries, processing over $2 billion in transactions every year.
• Pay with the Wirex Visa travelcard at 54m+ outlets worldwide
• Spend in more than 150 currencies at the real-time exchange rate
• Earn up to 1.5% cashback on all in-store purchases around the globe
• International ATM withdrawals anywhere Visa is accepted
• Industry-leading security: Wirex is PCI DSS Level 1 certified – the highest security standard within the payments industry.
• Free, instant currency exchange at real-time rates
• Exclusive access to live interbank exchange rate
• Spend money abroad in 150+ local currencies with the Wirex Visa card
• Fund your account by debit/credit cards, bank transfers, or by wallet transfer
• Cold multi-signature storage and segregated customer accounts make your funds less vulnerable to hacking.
Take control of your money
• Stay on budget with instant, in-app spending notifications
• Fully customizable accounts – select the accounts that you want and hide the rest.
• Earn real money with the Wirex rewards program
• Freeze & unfreeze your card with the click of a button for extra security
• Keep your currency account safe with two-factor authentication and sophisticated device authorization.
Bunq built its own financial system from the ground up, and with the launch of the app in 2015. And that’s just the beginning! They work around the clock to create fintech innovations that simply make banking and money management as easy, transparent and fun as possible.
Bunq – is the bank that makes life easy. Built-in and for the 21st century, they give people total control over their money using just their phone. Forget everything you know about banks.
Make life easy. Ever expected a bank could make your life easy? A bank that makes your finances insightful and fun? So you can just enjoy life and not worry about money? Check out how bunq can make your life easy, today
Bunq plans include:
– Travel – The plan made for carefree travel, give you the real exchange rate, without any additional charges, anywhere in the world, all with no monthly fees
– Money – Easily spend, save and bank with the plan that helps you save time, money and CO2 without having to put any effort in whatsoever
– Green – Enjoy all the amazing features and benefits, and effortlessly make the world a greener place at the same time
These companies are focused on modern design, personalization, low fees and snappy customer service to tempt people in.
Remember, to order a debit card and test it does not cost you anything!