airBaltic introduces Google Pay
The Latvian airline airBaltic announces another addition to the wide list of payment options offered when booking flight tickets on www.airbaltic.com. As of February, all customers using Android mobile devices and Google Chrome browser can enjoy Google Pay. With this addition, airBaltic continues to demonstrate its commitment to providing customers with a variety of payment options, ensuring that booking a flight is a seamless process.
Jolanta Rema, Vice President of e-Commerce and Commercial Distribution of airBaltic: “We are happy to go one step further, by adapting to the payment practices of passengers. Our goal is to provide customers with the most convenient, seamless and secure booking experience, and having Google Pay among payment options offered, helps airBaltic to achieve that.”
To enjoy Google Pay, please, open your Google Wallet and add your payment card in the Payment methods section.
Google Pay is a digital wallet platform and online payment system developed by Google to power in-app and tap-to-pay purchases on mobile devices, enabling users to make payments with their Android devices, laptops, or on the web via Google Chrome internet browser.
airBaltic provides flights to more than 70 destinations from Riga, Tallinn, Vilnius and Tampere, offering connections to a wide range of destinations in the airline’s route network in Europe, Scandinavia, the CIS and the Middle East. A complete schedule of airBaltic flights and tickets are available on the company’s homepage at www.airbaltic.com.
airBaltic in brief:
airBaltic (Air Baltic Corporation AS) connects the Baltic region with over 70 destinations in Europe, the Middle East, and the CIS. Over the last 27 years airBaltic has developed as a strong, profitable and internationally respected airline, which employs more than 2 200 employees. airBaltic is by far the best known international brand of Latvia and responsible for more than 2.5% of the Latvian GDP. airBaltic operates 39 Airbus A220-300 aircraft. airBaltic has received numerous international awards for excellence and innovative services. Skytrax has awarded Latvian airline airBaltic a five–star COVID-19 safety rating. In addition, airBaltic is one of the Top twenty airlines for COVID-19 compliance by the safety, product, and COVID-19 rating agency Airlineratings.com. In 2018 and 2019 airBaltic received the ATW Airline Industry Achievement Award as the Market Leader of the Year. In addition, in 2019 airBaltic received Sector Leadership Award by Airline Business. airBaltic is a joint stock company that was established in 1995. Its primary shareholder is the Latvian state, which holds 97.96% of the stock, while the rest of the shareholders have 2.04%.
Aviation industry indirectly provides close to 30 000 jobs in Latvia, while millions of people transfer through Riga, yet many more arrive to Latvia. Each year foreign tourists spend more than EUR 750 million in Latvia. Find out more: https://blog.airbaltic.com/airbaltic-an-asset-for-the-national-economy-of-latvia/.